Commercial demolition is a huge and complex project to undertake. For this reason, planning and executing the project should be carefully done.
You may be thinking of demolishing your commercial building.
But before you do that it is wise to find out as much information as you can before hiring a professional.
Here’s what you need to know
What is commercial demolition?
This is basically dismantling commercial properties such as hotels or hospitals and clearing the land for new buildings. This project uses heavy equipment and machines such as loaders, cranes, wrecking balls, and in some instances even explosives.
What’s involved in the demolition process
When it comes to the demolition process, each contracting company may have its own step-by-step process. But some of the common steps include;
- Site consultation usually requires the contracting team to be on-site and discuss the logistics with you as the project owner
- Site preparation- which includes clearing out the building and checking for safety risks
- Deciding on the demolition method
- Making sure the workers and the environment are kept safe
- Demolishing which includes excavating and concrete demolition
- And finally, land clearing and re-sloping
Why hire a professional?
The commercial demolition process can be very dangerous. The most important aspect of the demolition process is finding the right contractors to do the work for you.
A good contractor should have experience and be able to follow OSHA and EPA standards to ensure that both the people involved and the environment are kept safe.
What are the estimated costs of the project?
The cost of commercial demolition varies from company to company but largely depends on the size and time of the project. You will also need permit costs and the costs of removal of asbestos in case found.
Commercial demolition contractors in Beaumont